THINGS TO REMEMBER AFTER YOUR TRANSPLANT:
– Follow instructions carefully to avoid loss of grafts.
– Growth will not be as thick as you or I would want. The top of your head originally had between 30,000-50,000 hair before it began to lose hair. Typically, even with multiple procedures, we only move 12,000-18,000 hair.
– Growth will not occur as fast as you would like, in fact, you will probably see no growth before 4 months. Be patient. It takes most people at least 4-6 months to begin seeing the positive change and 12 months to see the full benefit.
– In some cases, your hair may actually look a little thinner after the transplant. This is more likely to occur when pre-existent hairs are present in the transplanted zone. These hairs may thin out in the 3 months after transplantation, but will usually grow back about the same time and rate that the grafts grow in. Do not worry if you look thinner at 3 months after transplantation-your rewards come at 6-12 months.
– You will not get the maximum benefit from your transplant until 9-12 months after the procedure because the hair must have this amount of time to re-grow length and thickness of shaft. You will see improvement at 4-6 months in the form of fine hair but results peak out at 9-12 months.
– Hair loss is a relentlessly progressive process, therefore you likely will want additional replacement procedures in the future to thicken or cover new areas of loss. This is also the reason we strongly recommend the use of Propecia and Rogaine to help prevent this progression.
– We are always available to discuss any questions or concerns you may have. Don’t be hesitant to call. To us you are the most important person in the world; you are our patient.
IF YOU ARE HAVING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY:
Call 911 and/or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
Dr. Dauer is best reached after hours by email at MD@MDNewHair.com. He will respond to you in a timely manner.
(Before you contact the doctor be certain to have the telephone number of a local pharmacy that is open in the event he needs to prescribe medic
ACTIVITIES MAY BE RESUMED AFTER THE NUMBER OF DAYS INDICATED
|ACTIVITIES TO BE RESUMED||# of Post-op days after procedure|
|Copper Peptide Spray 5-10 Sprays, 4-5 times daily||1st Post-op day|
|Very gentle rinsing of the grafts with cup/bowl||2nd Post-op day|
|Light Exercise (walking, etc.)||2nd Post-op day|
|Return to brushing of non-grafted hair||3rd Post-op day|
|Use of Aspirin||3rd Post-op day|
|Gentle brushing of hair in grafted areas||7th Post-op day|
|Normal shampooing and conditioning of entire scalp||8th Post-op day|
|Intense Exercise (running, aerobics, etc.)||8th Post-op day|
|Use of hairdryer||10th Post-op day|
|Use of hairspray||14th Post-op day|
|Use of mousse or gels||14th Post-op day|
|Use of hot rollers||14th Post-op day|
|Haircut||14th Post-op day|
|Swimming and other water sports||14th Post-op day|
|Resume use of Rogaine||3 Post-op Weeks|
|Chemical Treatment/Color/Perm||4 Post-op Weeks|